Wednesday 2 November 2011

Impact

Some things are said, and the impact of it is never realized. I remember one instance where someones continual encouragement really changed my life. I have a hobby, and that is music. I love music. For as long as I can remember, I have always played violin. (Its only been about 10 years really.) Well I came here to FVA and started playing in the infamous orchestra. Last year, I played and still play in the second violin section. For most of the second semester it seemed as though the principle second violinist was never there so I ended up sitting in that position a lot. It was a bit weird because I honestly don't lead extremly well musically. Often I would get discouraged and think I was just pulling my section down. In those moments Val, the concertmistress at the time, would lean over and say, "Moses, you can do it, I know you can." When Blaylock or Denis would start to get upset at me or tell me I was really of the chart, she would lean over again and encourage me. She kept me going with some simple words of encouragement. It ment a ton, especially coming from the concertmistress.

What we say has more influence then what we do. When we talk, let us uplift. Heaven alone can tell of all the times we have saved a life or lost one.

Talk to bring life, don't live to talk. I really need to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment