Monday 31 October 2011

Soap Boxes

"Moses get off your soap box."

The other day I was at the Clevelands and I guess I was talking to much, feeling the spirit you know, and Morgan was intreating, very religiously in fact, for me to stop. (To those of you out there who were like me and really didnt know what the whole soap box thing was all about, it means something like a stump speach. Or rather where an individual spontaniously gets up and starts waxing eloquent.)

This experience taught me a lesson. Life is not about how much wisdom you can impart to others, but rather how much wisdom you can learn from others and in turn teach with the way you live.

So often our soap boxes become so high and lofty that we forget about getting down and listening to someone else. Better yet, we forget about getting down and walking away from the soap box, the talk, and start acting like we want people to act. Gandhi once said, "Be the change you want to see in the world."

Talking is often easier than living. But living cannot happen, fully, until you stop talking.

I'm done talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment