Sunday 27 November 2011

Buzz cuts

Today, the dorm is going crazy about getting buzz cuts. Poor Mason, he is a kind soul. Mason has been occupied all day, giving haircuts. I believe that buzz cuts, in this context, is a sign that people are in need of love. OK, Chris Unfrau's was a mistake. I realize that some people may be upset at me for writing this, but I must speak my mind. A lot of times I am influenced by the people around me to do something that I would not do other wise. It is interesting when I am moved by friends to do something, it is often because I want more recognition from them. It is not always wrong, but certainly it can be a lot of times. God has given each of us a personality which is unique in its own right. I need to be constantly reminded in life of my true identity. My uniqueness. I need to be reminded of who owns me. That God is master of my life - not my friends. There is a peace in trusting in that which will never pass away. I love my friends, but that love should not be inclusive of me sacrificing my individuality for them. Buzz cuts, I think, look pathetic. Unless I am used to the person having it. For example, Jay or Vals dad.

I think its an interesting thought to keep in mind. How high will I jump for people to see me? The higher I jump for recognition, the harder I fall in defeat. The fall always brings you to a lower place then where you were before you jumped.







1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Mo,
    I have hard time not following the crowd, because I often look for noticeable recognition.

    Very insightful, thank you.

    ReplyDelete