Friday 13 January 2012

Making vapour solid.

Let me tell you all a funny story.
I am not an avid hiker, nor do I like hiking. In fact I detest hiking very much. However, I do enjoy camping. Just plopping down in the great outdoors near a fire, and sleeping while John Cho keeps it going. Bless his soul, he is a kind man.

Besides not liking to hike, I really do not like Blaylock weekends. I gain no benefits, and am thoroughly board the entire time. True, I can count it all joy in those situations, but I still have a great distaste for it all. I rather do almost anything, even hiking to some far of place for the weekend, to get away from it.

Well, when I heard that Blaylock was coming this weekend, I began begging and pleading various staff members to take me camping for the weekend. No one is ever willing to stand up and take me. They always say, "Go talk to Craig."

When I heard that Blaylock was cancelled, I was elated. I completely forgot about any camping ideas. That is until Mr. James came up to me and asked if I wanted to go. I sat there in complete shock for about 10 seconds until I mumbled a few lame excuses. Mr. James looked at me and walked away.

Maybe I will go camping someday.

As I was writing this, I began to think about how sicking this scenario can be in different situations. When hard times come my way, I often wish that I may be liberated from them. In my haste to avoid trouble, I promise God that I would rather do anything to get out of it. Sometimes God answers my plea. I am delivered, and what happens? I forget all about my many promises of vapour.

Running of content that there is nothing to worry about, I leave God behind with my empty promises in His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment