Friday 29 August 2014

First Day in Africa

Africa. The word that has never ceased to leave my mind since December of last year. Now I am in it. Bathing in the reality of its all surrounding presence, there is no escaping the present here. Is it what I expected? I can not remember what I expected. It is like a surreal dream that I am finally realizing is a dream no more. No longer will I see my friends, family and others on a regular basis as previously was done. Saying bye to those I left was more difficult then hoped, but for every gain is a cost. 
Arriving at the location, Riverside Farms, there was displayed a picture of supreme simplistic beauty. The first creak of the door revealed a light so pure and was filtered through the serene Zambian landscape. I knew I was in the place I was called to be. 

We did not do much anything today except realize how jet-lag really feels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment